Fulton County Arts Council Website
The Fulton County Arts Council will embrace the broad spectrum of the arts, including both visual and performing arts, in its quest to stimulate public awareness of the abundant talent in Fulton County and the surrounding area.
The Fulton County Arts Council strives to bring the arts to as many county residents as possible. Our main gallery, located in the atrium of the Graham Hospital in Canton, hosts several exhibits each year. In addition, the council supports and funds arts endeavors by local organizations including theater and musical performances, poetry contests, and arts related children's activities.
The Fulton County Arts Council is funded in part by the Illinois Arts Council, a state agency. In this partnership the Fulton County Arts Council seeks to further the Mission and Values of the Illinois Arts Council.
The Illinois Arts Council is committed to the cultural, educational and economic growth of the diverse people and communities of our state through support and encouragement of artists and the arts. Our mission is guided by a set of VALUES that shape the Illinois Arts Council's work.
The Council firmly believes in . . .
- The arts as an integral part of lifelong learning.
- The importance of the individual artist as fundamental to the growth of the arts.
- The centrality of the arts to the vitality of our society.
- The affirmation and support for diversity.
- The accessibility of public arts activities to all people.
- The commitment to excellence and quality in the arts experience.
- The preservation of our cultural heritage.
- The responsible stewardship of state resources.
- The need for ardent advocacy for the arts.
- The power of the arts as a stimulant to our economic environment.
- The encouragement of the highest aspiration of all art endeavors.
Fulton County Arts Council -- P.O. Box 254 -- Canton, IL. 61520
© Fulton County Arts Council 2006
This site is hosted by the Illinois State Museum.
Arts Events in Fulton County
|Arts Alliance Homepage|